In this article you will learn how to perform a factory reset on the Meta Quest headsets: Quest 2 or Quest Pro.
Note: Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, your downloaded games, and all the content from the headset. However, performing a factory reset won’t remove content you’ve purchased or downloaded from your account and you can download your those apps and games later again.
To factory reset the Quest using the headset:
- Turn off the Quest headset
- Hold the power and volume down (-) button of your Quest down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight Factory Reset.
- Press the power button to select it.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight Yes.
- Press the power button to confirm.
To factory reset the Quest using your phone:
- On your phone, open the Oculus app.
- Click on Devices in the bottom menu.
- Select the headset that you want to factory reset.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Select Factory Reset.
- Click on Reset to complete the process.
You should now know how to factory reset your Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro.