In this article we will explain how to use YouTube VR on the Pico 4. Unfortunately there is no dedicated YouTube application for the Pico 4 yet and Pico has not mentioned anything about if and when the YouTube app will be available on the Pico 4. However, it is possible to watch 360-degree YouTube videos on the Pico 4 via the native Pico browser.
What is needed:
- Pico 4 Headset
- Pico 4 Controllers
- Internet connection
How to watch Youtube VR videos on the Pico 4
- Turn on the headset and put it on.
- Make sure it is connected to an internet connection.
- Select the icon at the bottom of the screen which says ‘My applications’.
- Select the ‘Applications‘ button on the left side of the Menu and scroll down until you find ‘Pico Browser‘ which you will then click.
- Go to YouTube.com
- Now search for a 360 degree video. For example, you can enter ‘360 VR‘ in the search bar.
- Select a video and set the highest resolution for the best experience.
- Click on full screen.
- Now the video should automatically play in 360 degrees. If this is not the case, click on the cube at the bottom right and select “360° Cube” for Viewing Angle and “2D” for Dimension.
Of course, we know that the workaround via the native Pico browser is not the best way, but unfortunately the Pico 4 currently offers no other way to watch VR videos from YouTube.