This article explains how the AR headset RealWear Navigator 500 can be used in combination with the online platform Remote Eye. There will also be an explanation of how Remote Eye should be installed on the RealWear Navigator 500. Since the Covid-19 outbreak, the RealWear Navigator 500 has been in high demand from companies, as the headset is ideally suited for remote viewing, especially in industrial environments.
What is Remote Eye?
Remote Eye is one of the largest remote expert platforms at the moment and distinguishes itself from other platforms because it has many functionalities.
Step-by-step plan to get started with Remote Eye and RealWear Navigator 500
- What do I need to get started with Remote Eye?
Before you can get started with Remote Eye, it is important to have a RealWear Navigator 500 in your possession. In addition, you must have access to the Remote Eye expert login this can be done by applying for a Remote Eye license. VR Expert can help organise this for you.
- Installing Remote Eye on the RealWear Navigator 500
After applying for the licenses, Remote Eye must be installed on the RealWear Navigator 500. The easiest way to do this is through RealWear’s cloud management environment, Foresight. When purchasing a RealWear Navigator 500, you can request a login code from Foresight or ask your dealer to install the application for you. VR Expert is happy to help you in this process. If you are going to install Remote EYE on the RealWear yourself, you can link your device to Foresight, by means of the serial number. You can then add the Remote Eye application to the device, after which it will be installed automatically as soon as the RealWear Navigator 500 has internet connection.
- Logging in to Remote Eye
To log in to Remote Eye, first go to the Remote Eye expert page, which can be found via the following link: app.remoteeye.com. Attention! Please note that not all browsers are supported by Remote Eye. We advise you to use Google Chrome to avoid any problems. Then log in to the Remote Eye expert page with the login details that you obtained when purchasing your license. After logging in you will be taken to your contacts page. Here you can call all online devices. All devices that are online will be highlighted in green.
- Logging in to the RealWear Navigator 500
When the application is installed on the RealWear Navigator 500, you can open the application by saying the voice commands ”My programs” and then ”Remote Eye” in the main menu. To use Remote Eye, you must first log in. This can be done using the voice-activated keyboard. The login name and password must then be spoken aloud letter by letter. Another, perhaps faster, way to log in is to download the RealWear Companion app on your smartphone. After downloading the application, you can enter the username and password on your smartphone, after which a QR code will be generated that can be scanned by the RealWear. When the Remote Eye application is first opened, a 4-digit code will appear on the screen of the RealWear. Then open the Remote Expert site on the computer, and click on the blue plus sign at the top left of the screen. Then enter the 4-digit code. You can choose to add the device to the current Remote Expert, or to all Remote Expert accounts in your organization. You are now ready to get started with Remote Eye on the RealWear Navigator 500!
- Calling with Remote Eye on the RealWear Navigator 500
When a headset is online, it will be displayed in green, and red when the contact is offline. Click on “Call ” on an online contact to initiate a video connection with the headset. There are two different ways to make a call; Direct and Routed.
- Direct: Direct conversation between two points, so the video quality remains good even if there is a bad internet connection.
- Routed: Communication goes through an external server.
You can only use a video recording or make a multi-call via a routed connection.
With this function, the expert behind the screen can add multiple people to the current call. This works as follows:
- Step 1: The expert requests the invitation code by clicking on the share icon. The invitation code is then generated on the right
- Step 2: The expert then shares the invitation code with another user. He then clicks on the multi-call icon and enters the invitation code to join the conversation
You can also generate a link to invite users. Click on “Generate link” to create an invitation link. This link can also be shared with external users. Anyone who participates via this link will participate in the call, but will not have access to the other Remote Eye tools. There is no limit to the number of experts that can be added to a connection.
- “Screen sharing” Remote Eye on RealWear Navigator 500
The expert panel can easily be shared with the user of the RealWear Navigator 500. Use this tool to share documents with the user. Click the screen share icon to start or stop screen sharing
- Making screenshots and annotations in Remote Eye
The expert can take a screenshot, then add notes or annotations and send it back to the RealWear user. There are two ways to do this:
- Screenshots: The screenshot is taken of the video by clicking the image icon. This is the fastest way, but it is at the expense of the quality of the image.
- HD Mode: When the photo icon is clicked, the video connection will be stopped for a few seconds; the camera then takes a real HD photo and sends it to the expert. This way is a bit slower, but the quality of the image is better.
Press “Save” to save the image to your library. Double-click on the image to return it to the RealWear user.
- Live drawing: By clicking on the drawing icon, the image is sent to the RealWear user. When the Expert then draws in the image, the drawing is shown live on the RealWear display.
- Record video: Tap the video icon to start or stop a video recording. The video will be available in the library. Clicking on the video thumbnail will play the video in a new tab in your browser. Here the video can be downloaded to your computer.
Pros and cons of Remote Eye
Remote Eye has an extensive range of functionalities. Think of multi-call, recording photos or videos, AR markers and zooming in. Another advantage of the Remote Eye is the fact that the expert behind the screen has full control; he or she determines what the user sees in the glasses. In addition, Remote Eye can be used on various platforms, such as a mobile phone, a tablet, on RealWear devices or on some Vuzix headsets. A disadvantage of Remote Eye is that it entails additional costs and an account must be created for each user.