In this article you will learn how to update the operating system of the RealWear HMT-1
What is needed:
- A RealWear with at least 50% battery capacity
- A stabel Wi-Fi network
- Make sure it is not connected to a computer
All the data will probably be preserved through the update process, but we suggest making a back-up of your RealWear just in case. Read here how to make a back-up of your RealWear. Note: if the version of your RealWear is lower than the update requires, first update to the next higher version.
What to do:
- Power the headset on and connect it to the internet
- Go to my programs and say: wireless update
- You may have the most recent version
- If not, say: check for updates
- If you have the most recent version it will say: your device’s software is currently up to date
- if there is an update available, an option to download the update is visible.
- Now say download, or say select item (followed by the number of the package which you want to download)
Steps after step 7 If you want to download it directly
- if the download is complete say: install now to install it directly
Steps after step 7 If you want to install it later
- If the download is complete, an option to install now or later is being shown.
- If you say install later a pop up of when you want to download it will display
- You can set the delay time to 1, 4 or 8 hours. If you don’t say anything it will automatically download after 4 hours
Now you should have the most recent version on your RealWear HMT-1.