In this article you will learn how to transfer files from a computer to the Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro.
What is needed:
- Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro
- USB-C cable
How to transfer files to the Quest 2 or Quest Pro:
- Turn on your Quest headset, set up a guardian and make sure you are in the home environment.
- Now, use the included USB-C cable to connect your headset to the computer.
- Put on your Quest again and click on Accept/Allow to allow your computer to access your headset’s files.
- On Windows, your headset will automatically appear as a drive.
- On Mac, install Android File Transfer to transfer files from your PC to your headset.
- You are now able to drag and drop files from your computer into the file system of your Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro and vice versa.
If your Quest headset is not appearing as a drive:
- Make sure to use the original USB-C cable that came with your device.
- Make sure to select Accept in VR after connecting the device.
- Update your device driver:
- On your PC, go to My Computer or This PC.
- Select Computer.
- Click on Manage.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Click on > next to Oculus devices or Portable devices.
- Right click on Meta Quest and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer option, then click on Let me pick from a list.
- Click on MTP USB Device, then select Next to complete the update.
You should now know how to transfer files from your PC to your Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro and vice versa.
If file transfer does not work for you, try the following to troubleshoot the problem:
- Make sure you are using the Quest 2/Pro with your Admin account.
- In your headset, go to Setting > System > Developer and make sure USB Connection Dialog is enabled.
- Restart both the Quest 2/Pro and your PC.
- Use a differenct USB cable.
- Try a different USB port on your PC.
- Try to connect your Quest 2/Pro to another PC.
- If it still does not work, contact Meta’s support here.