In this article you will learn how to set up the play area and Guardian on your Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro. When turning on your headset you will be automatically asked to set up your Guardian. There you will be asked to choose between two different Guardian modes.
- Stationary: Stationary Mode creates a default play area of 1×1 meter. This mode is best for using the headset while sitting or standing in place.
- Roomscale: If you want to move around within your play area you can choose Roomscale. With Roomscale the Quest allows you to draw your play area in your physical space using your Quest controller. It is recommended to have a safe and unobstructed space of at least 2×2 meters.
To switch Guardian modes or redraw your play area:
- On your right controller, click on the Oculus button.
- Hover over the clock on the left side and click on Quick Settings.
- Select Guardian.
- Click on Stationary or Roomscale.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Guardian.
You should now know how to set up a play area on your Oculus Quest 2 or Meta Quest Pro.