To set up a play area for the Valve Index VR headset, you can follow these steps:
- Clear the area where you plan to play and remove any obstacles or hazards.
- Launch the SteamVR software and ensure that the Valve Index headset and controllers are connected.
- Click on the “Room Setup” button in the SteamVR dashboard settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to trace the boundaries of your play area using the controllers. The orientation can be adjusted if you want to face a different direction on startup.
- Once you have traced the boundaries, the play area will be displayed in the SteamVR dashboard.
- To ensure that you stay within the play area while using the headset, you adjust the “Chaperone” feature in the SteamVR settings. This feature will display a virtual boundary and warning message when you approach the edge of the play area.
- It is possible to tweak the settings for the Chaperone feature to suit your preferences, such as changing the appearance of the virtual boundary or adjusting the sensitivity of the warning message.
Keep in mind that the size and shape of your play area can affect the gameplay experience of the Valve Index VR headset, so it’s important to choose a