In this article you will learn how to screencast your Quest 2 or Quest Pro to your PC, Phone or Chromecast device.
What is needed:
- Meta Quest 2 or Quest Pro
- Quest 2 or Quest Pro controller
- Computer, Phone or Chromecast device
To cast to your computer via your browser:
- Open your web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) on your PC and go to oculus.com/casting.
- Put your headset on and press the Oculus button on your right controller to open the universal menu.
- Click on Sharing.
- Select Cast.
- Select Computer, then click on Next. If your computer is not listed, make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Quest 2 headset.
- Select Done to start the screen cast.
To cast to your phone or Chromecast device via the Oculus app:
- On your phone, open the Oculus app.
- Select the Casting button in the top right of the screen.
- Under Cast From, choose the headset you’d like to cast from. Make sure that it says Connected under your listed headset.
- Under Cast To, click on This Phone or the Chromecast device you want to use.
- Click on Start at the bottom of the screen.
- Put on your headset and accept the prompt in VR to start casting.
How to stop casting from your Quest headset:
- On your right controller, press the Oculus button to open the universal menu.
- Select the Sharing button to open Sharing.
- Click on Cast.
- Select Stop Casting.
You should now know how to start/stop screen casting with the Oculus Quest 2 or Meta Quest Pro.