In this article you will learn how to screencast with the HTC Vive XR Elite. Through the Screencast you will be able to see the virtual reality experience from the headset’s display on a phone’s screen in real-time. This allows others to view the user’s VR interactions and experiences on their phone, making it possible to share immersive content.
What is needed:
- HTC Vive XR Elite
- Wi-Fi connection
- App Vive Manager (installed on your smartphone)
How to screencast with the HTC Vive XR Elite
- Make sure the headset is turned on. And the smartphone and the headset are both connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- On your smartphone, open the Vive Manager.
- At the bottom dock click on Devices.
- Click on the arrow next to the name of your device at the top of your display, to select the device you want to screencast.
- Click on the blue Connect button under the displayed headset.
- Put on the headset.
- Press the Vive Button on the right controller to open the Vive menu.
- Click on Cast at the top right corner of the Vive menu.
- The view of the headset will be displayed on the smartphone.
You will now know how to screencast with the HTC Vive XR Elite.