In this article, you will learn how to connect the controllers to the Valve Index.
What is needed:
- Valve Index Headset
- Valve Index Controllers
How to pair the controllers with the Valve Index:
The Valve Index controllers should pair automatically with the Valve Index headset when they are turned on and within range of the headset. However, if you experience difficulty pairing the controllers, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure that the Valve Index headset is turned on and properly connected to your computer.
- Turn on the Valve Index controllers by pressing and holding down the System button (power button) on each controller until the LED light on the controller turns on.
- Wait for the controllers to enter pairing mode, which is indicated by a slow pulsing Blue light on the LED.
- Ensure that the controllers are within range of the Valve Index headset and that there are no obstructions or interference in the area.
- If the controllers do not pair automatically, you can manually pair them by launching the SteamVR software, navigating to the “Devices” tab, and selecting “Pair Controller”. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
- Once the controllers are paired, the LED on the controllers should turn solid green to indicate that they are connected to the headset.
- Test the controllers by moving them and pressing buttons to ensure that they are responding correctly.
If you continue to experience difficulty pairing the controllers, you can consult the Valve Index manual or contact Valve customer support for assistance.