In this article you will learn how to pair the controllers with the Meta Quest 3.
What is needed:
- Meta Quest 3 headset
- Meta Quest 3 controllers
- Mobile phone with Meta Quest App
- Wi-Fi connection
How to pair the controllers with the Meta Quest 3
- Make sure the headset and the mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- On your mobile phone open the Meta Quest App.
- Click on “Menu” located in the bottom right of the display of your phone.
- The menu will be opened. At the top of the display you will find tree rows of brightly colored rounded squares.
- Click on “Devices” located as the second icon from the left in the second row. This icon is gray and has a VR headset symbol in it.
- Now you will see the Meta Quest 3 displayed.
- Scroll down until you reach the section “Headset Settings”.
- In the “Headset Settings” section click on “Controller”.
- A list of all connected controllers will appear. Select “Connect new controller” at the bottom of that list.
- Then you will see all options of controllers that are able to connect to the headset in a list.
- Select the controller you want to connect first. For example if you want to connect the right controller first click on the “Connect right controller”.
- Now you need to pair the right controller. On the right controller press and hold the Meta Quest Button and the B Button for 4 seconds.
- The right controller is now connected to the headset.
- To connect the left controller click on “Connect left controller”.
- To pair the left controller press and hold the Menu Button and the Y Button for 4 seconds.
The left and the right controller are now connected to the Meta Quest 3 and are ready to be used.