In this article you will learn how to install APK with Quest for Business. To install an APK on the device you need to add it to the library in the Admin Center. After adding the desired APK it can be added to a device profile.
What is needed:
- Admin account for Quest for Business.
- Link to trigger download of APK file
- Wi-Fi connection
How to install an APK in Quest for Business
Add APK in the Library of the Admin Center
- Log in to the Admin Center.
- On the left side of the screen you will see icons. Select the Devices icon.
- Select “Apps” on the left side and click “+ New app”.
- Enter the Name and add the link to the app file. [Note: the link needs to trigger a direct download of the APK file.]
- Click on “Create”.
You successfully added the APK in the Library of the Admin Center.
Add an APK to a device profile
- In the section “Devices” of the Admin Center.
- Select “Managed devices” on the left.
- Look for the Device you want to install the APK on and click on the 3 dots on the right side.
- Select “See device details”.
- In the device menu click on “Apps” and select “Manage Apps”.
- In the search bar look for the Name of the APK and select it.
- Click on confirm.
You successfully added the APK to the device. The APK will be installed on the selected headset.