In this article you will learn how to install an APK file on the HTC Vive XR Elite.
What is needed:
- HTC Vive XR Elite
- Windows Computer
- USB-C to USB-C cable
How to install an APK file on the HTC Vive XR Elite
- Connect the headset to the computer using a USB-C to USB-C cable. A guide on how to connect the headset to your computer can be found here.
- Turn on your headset.
- Now on your computer open the Explorer.
- Copy the file of the APK you want to install on the headset.
- Click on the folder called This PC.
- In there click on the folder called VIVE XR Series.
- In this folder you will find all the files that are on your headset. For example: Pictures, Downloads.
- Click on the folder Downloads.
- Paste the file of the APK into the Downloads folder.
- Put on the headset.
- Go to the main lobby. To do so press the Vive Button on the right controller and click on Back to Lobby on the bottom right corner.
- In the dock which is located at the bottom of your view, click on Settings.
- On the left side of the Settings window click on Advanced.
- Allow unknown apps by clicking on the toggle on the right side.
- On the left side of the Settings window click on Storage.
- Click on the file browser.
- Select the folder Downloads.
- Click on the APK file you want to install.
- You will be asked if you want to install the APK click on Install in the bottom right corner.
The APK file is now successfully installed on the HTC Vive XR Elite. The installed APK can be found in the Library