In this article you will learn how to factory reset the Magic Leap 2.
What is needed:
- Magic Leap 2 headset & Compute Pack
- Magic Leap 2 controller
How to factory reset the Magic Leap 2
- Go to the main menu by pressing the “Home” Button which is located at the bottom of the controller displaying a house
- In the middle of your view the main menu will appear. At the top of that menu there is a horizontal bar. On the right side of that horizontal bar you can click on an arrow that is pointing down to adjust the order in which the apps are sorted. You can choose between “Recent”, “A-Z” and “Z-A”.
- Under that bar you will find all the Apps that are installed on the headset.
- Click on the App “Settings”.
- The Settings menu will be opened.
- Scroll down to the “System” button. To scroll down, swipe from the bottom of the touchpad located on the controller to the top.
- Click on the “System” button.
- A window will appear with all the system settings.
- Click on the “Reset” button. located at the bottom of that window.
- Select the “Erase all data (factory reset)” butto”.
- You will be asked if you want to factory reset the headset.
- Click on the purple “Factory Reset” button on the bottom right corner of that window to start the factory reset.
The headset will perform a factory reset.
How to factory reset the Magic Leap 2 if the Headset does not turn on
For this step you will additionally need:
- USB-C cable to either USB-C or USB depending on the ports on your computer
- Magic Leap Hub installed on your computer
- If the headset does not turn on, the factory reset needs to be performed through the Magic Leap Hub on your computer
- Download the Magic Leap Hub to your computer.
- Launch the Magic Leap Hub on your computer.
- Connect the Magic Leap Compute Pack with the computer using a USB-C cable.
- On your computer in the Magic Leap Hub main menu, you will see up to 6 rectangular fields. In the “OS Installer” field located on the bottom in the middle of the Magic Leap Hub, click on the white “Start OS Installer” button.
- The OS Installer will open.
- Click on the box at the bottom of the Window next to “Reset device to factory” settings.
- Then click on the “Factory Reset” button at the bottom.
The Magic Leap 2 will perform a factory reset.