In this article you will learn how to do PC Streaming via DisplayPort cable with the Pico Neo 3 Pro. The DP cable is an accessory that can be bought from our webshop here.
What is needed:
- Pico Neo 3 Pro headset
- DisplayPort cable
- VR ready computer
How to do PC Streaming via DP cable:
- You need a PC with the following specifications:
- DisplayPort 1.4 and USB 2.0 or better
- IntelCore i5-4590, AMD Ryzen 1500 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 480 or better
- 8 GB RAM or more
- Windows 10 or above
- Visit the official Pico site and download the Pico Streaming Assistant software.
- Download Steam (green download button above).
- Open Steam and search for SteamVR. Click on Install.
- Now turn on your Pico Neo 3 Pro.
- Plug the USB-C end of the DisplayPort cable into the top of the USB-C port on your headset.
- Use the screwdriver to tighten the cable.
- Then plug the other two ends, the USB and the DisplayPort end, into your computer. If your PC only supports Mini-DP, use the Mini-DP adapter that comes with the headset.
- Now open Pico Streaming Assistant on your computer. The program will automatically test your PC configurations.
- In the next step select DP mode.
- Now put on your Neo 3 Pro. Select Start DP Connection.
- If the connection is successful, you can now select SteamVR content with your controller. Once selected, the PC VR experience will start in your Neo 3 Pro headset.
You should now know how to do PC streaming via DP cable on your Pico Neo 3 Pro.