In this article we will explain how to determine the dominant eye when using the RealWear HMT-1. Eye dominance is the tendency to prefer visual input from one eye over the other. When using the RealWear HMT-1 or HMT-1Z1 it is best to use the dominant eye. Follow these steps to help you determine which eye is dominant:
- Start with extending your arms out in front of you.
- Form a triangular opening between your thumbs and forefingers by placing your hands together.
- With both eyes open, center this triangular opening on a distant object such as a clock or a plant.
- Keep your head and hands still and close your right eye.
- If the object you have focused on is still in the triangle means it that you are left-eye dominant.
- Do the same steps again with your left eye. Keep your head and hands still and close your left eye.
- If the object you have focused on is still in the triangle means it that you are right-eye dominant.
- If the object is in the triangle with either eye then you are dominant eye neutral which means that it does not make a difference on which side you put your RealWear HMT-1 HMT-1Z1.
The RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1 are both designed in a way that you can put the visual on either side of you.