In this article you will learn how to use the Vuzix Companion App.
What is needed:
- Vuzix Blade 2
Important* If you do not have the Vuzix Companion App downloaded and installed, read our article on how to download the Vuzix Companion App first.
How to connect Vuzix Blade 2 the to the Vuzix Companion App on your smartphone
- Start the Vuzix Blade 2 and put it on.
- Go to the settings menu.
- In the settings menu open ‘Companion Link’. The Vuzix Blade 2 is now looking for a QR code.
- If Bluetooth is turned off a popup will appear that says ‘Bluetooth Required’. Click on ‘Yes’ to turn on Bluetooth.
- On your smartphone open the Vuzix Companion App.
- In the Vuzix Companion App agree to the ToS and click start setup.
- Keep clicking on next till a QR code is displayed.
- Hold the Smartphone with the QR code in front of the camera of the Vuzix Blade 2.
- Once the QR code is scanned, your Vuzix Blade 2 and smartphone will show the devices are linked to each other by a ‘Connected’ notification.
- You can now name your Vuzix Blade 2, this name will now be shown if someone is searching for a Bluetooth device.
- Click next to open the 3. Personalize screen.
- On this screen you can choose which apps are allowed to show notifications. Disable the ones you do not want to get any notifications from.
- Click next to open the 3. Tutorial screen.
- Here you will get a short tutorial on how to use the basic gestures on your Vuzix Blade 2.
- Click on next, a congratulations screen will appear.
- Click on Finish to complete connecting the Vuzix Blade 2 to a smartphone.
Your Vuzix Blade 2 is now connected to a smartphone.