In this article you will learn how to clean the Magic Leap 2. To ensure that the Magic Leap 2 is not damaged by dirt or other buildup and that the full AR experience is not compromised, the headset must be cleaned before each use.
What is needed:
- Magic Leap 2 headset & Compute Pack
- Magic Leap 2 controller
- Isopropyl alcohol wipe (Super Sani Cloth or Cavi Wipes)
- Clean lint free cloth with isopropyl alcohol
- Clean and dry lint free cloth
To clean your headset, DO NOT:
- Use flammable or abrasive cleaning agent
- Steam the device
- Submerge the device in liquids or pour cleaning liquids over, into, or on the device
- Spill any liquid into the system seams, ports or lens edges
- Use abrasive products such as paper towels
How to clean the Magic Leap 2
- Make sure the headset and the Compute Pack are turned off. It is turned off if the LED lights on the Computer Pack are not lighting up.
- Remove the Nose Pad. It is located where the headset touches the nose. If you are looking at the inside of your headset, gently pull the Nose Pad down and towards you.
- Remove the Forehead Pad. It is located where the headset touches the forehead. If you are looking at the inside of your headset, gently pull the Forehead Pad towards you.
- If lens inserts are used, remove them by gently grasping the inserts in the middle of the frames and pull them away from the headset carefully.
- Take an isopropyl alcohol wipe and squeeze out any excess fluid from the wipe, so it is damp but not dripping. Alternatively you can use a clean lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol. It is important that you do not use an abrasive product like a paper towel as it can damage the device.
- Wipe all surfaces of the device including disassembled pieces and cables. Ensure to gently wipe over the cameras and display lenses of the headset and cameras of the controller.
- Dry all the areas that were cleaned, using a dry and clean lint free cloth.
- Insert the Nose Pad, Forehead Pad and lens insert back on the headset.
The headset and controller are now clean and are ready to be used.