In this article you will learn how to adjust the diopter on the HTC Vive XR Elite.
A diopter is the unit of measurement used for an eye prescription. Because it is not possible to wear glasses with the HTC Vive XR Elite you can change the diopter of the headset lenses to your specific eye prescription.
[Note: It is only possible to adjust the dioptre dial up to negative 6 for near-sightedness. Setting a positive diopter for far-sightedness is not possible.]
What is needed:
- HTC Vive XR Elite
How to adjust the diopter on the HTC Vive XR Elite
If you look inside your headset you will see an arrow pointing to a number on the diopter dial. This number indicates the current diopter number of the lens. It is possible to set the diopter by turning the dial until the arrow aligns with the required diopter number, but to achieve optimal results perform the following steps:
- Take off the face cushion of the headset. Grab the face cushion at the top center and gently pull it towards you.
- Widen the headset by turning the dial located on the battery cradle to the left.
- Put the headset back on and tighten it by turning the dial to the right side.
- Make sure there still remains a distance of approximately 2 centimeters between the lenses of the headset and your face.
- Hold the headset using your right hand.
- Close your right eye. With your left hand reach the dial in front of your left eye and turn it to the left or right, depending on the diopter value you need.
- Adjust the dial to the position where you see the display clear.
- Now switch sides. Hold your headset with your left hand.
- Close your left eye. With your right hand reach the dial in front of your right eye and turn it to the left or right, depending on the diopter value you need.
- Take the headset off and reattach the face cushion.
You will now know how to adjust the diopter on the HTC Vive XR Elite.