In this article you will learn how to adjust the brightness of the Magic Leap 2.
What is needed:
- Magic Leap 2 headset & Compute Pack
- Magic Leap 2 controller
How to adjust the brightness of the Magic Leap 2 display
- Go to the main menu by pressing the “Home Button” which is located at the bottom of the controller displaying a house.
- In the middle of your view the main menu will appear. At the top of that menu there is a horizontal bar. On the right side of that horizontal bar you can click on an arrow that is pointing down to adjust the order in which the apps are sorted. You can choose between “Recent”, “A-Z” and “Z-A”.
- Under that bar you will find all the Apps that are installed on the headset.
- Click on the App “Settings”.
- The Settings menu will be opened.
- Scroll down to the “Display button”. To scroll down, swipe from the bottom of the touchpad located on the controller to the top.
- Click on the “Display button”. There you will be able to adjust 4 display settings.
- At the top of the display settings you can switch the “Auto-Brightness” on and off by clicking on the toggle on the right side. If this is turned on it will automatically adjust the brightness of the fields that are displayed through your headset to the environment. If this is turned off you can manually set the brightness by moving the slider in the bar below the Auto-Brightness setting. To decrease the brightness, move the slider to the left and to increase the brightness, move it to the right.
- Below that setting the “Segment Dimming” can be turned on or off by clicking on the toggle on the right side. If the “Segment Dimming” is turned on the fields that are displayed through your headset will become more visible, while the rest of your view does not change.
- The “Global Dimming” can be adjusted underneath the “Segment Dimming” by moving the slider in the bar. If you increase the “Global Dimming” you decrease the real-world visibility. To increase, move the slider of the bar to the right and to decrease, move it to the left.
- The last setting that can be adjusted is the “Maximum Dimming”. With this setting you will set the maximum level of dimming for the “Global Dimming” and “Segment Dimming”. To set the maximum level of dimming high, move the slider of the bar to the right and to set the level low, move it to the left.
The brightness of the Magic Leap 2 display should now be adjusted.