In this article you will learn how to activate developer mode on the Meta Quest 3. To activate developer mode on the Meta Quest 3 you need to register as a developer with your Meta account first.
What is needed:
- Meta Quest 3 headset
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Mobile phone with Meta Quest App
How to register as a developer
- On your computer, visit this website.
- Log in to your Meta account. Make sure it is the same account as on your headset.
- Click on “My Apps” at the top row.
- Verify your Oculus developer account. Choose one of the following methods.
- Add your credit card.
- Set up Two-Factor Authentication.
- Once verified, click on the drop down menu “Select Organization” on the left side.
- Click on the “Create” to a new Organization.
- Enter your developer organization’s name. If you are an app developer, enter your company’s name. If not, you can just type in whatever you want. Afterwards check the checkbox and click on “Submit”.
- Agree to the Non-disclosure agreement and click “Submit”.
You are now registered as a developer.
How to activate developer mode on the Meta Quest 3
- Open the Meta Quest App on your mobile phone.
- Click on “Menu” located in the bottom right of the display of your phone.
- The menu will be opened. At the top of the display you will find tree rows of brightly colored rounded squares.
- Click on “Devices” located as the second icon form the left in the second row. This icon is gray and has a VR headset symbol in it.
- Select the Meta Quest 3 and open the “Headset Settings”.
- Select “Developer Mode”.
- Click on the toggle to activate developer mode.
The developer mode on the Meta Quest 3 is now activated. You need to restart your headset.