In this article you can learn how to use Meta Quest Pro controllers for the Meta Quest 2.
What is needed:
- Meta Quest 2 headset
- Meta Quest Pro controllers
- Wi-Fi connection
- Mobile phone with Meta Quest App installed
How to use Meta Quest Pro controller for the Meta Quest 2
- Make sure the headset and the mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- On your mobile phone open the Meta Quest App.
- Click on the “menu icon” located in the bottom right of the display of your phone.
- The menu will be opened. At the top of the display you will find tree rows of brightly colored rounded squares.
- Click on the “Devices icon” located as the second icon form the left in the second row. This icon is gray and has a VR headset symbol in it.
- Now click on the light gray colored bar located at the top of your display.
- An overview of your devices will be opened. Select the Meta Quest 2.
- Scroll down until you reach the section “Headset Settings”.
- In the “Headset Settings” section click on the “Controller button”.
- A list of all connected controllers will appear. Select the “Connect new controller button” at the bottom of that list.
- Then you will see all options of controllers that are able to connect to the headset in a list.
- Select the controller you want to connect first. For example if you want to connect the right controller first click on the “Connect right controller for Meta Quest Pro button”.
- You will now be asked if you want to unpair the controllers that are connected right now. To accept, click on the blue “continue button” located at the bottom of the phone display.
- Now you need to pair the right controller. On the right controller press and hold the Meta-Quest-key and the B-key for 4 seconds.
- The right controller is now connected to the headset.
- You need to connect the left controller now.
- To do so repeat the steps 2-11.
- Now you have to click on the “Connect left controller for Meta Quest Pro button”.
- To pair the right controller press and hold the Menu-key and the Y-key for 4 seconds.
The left and the right controller are now connected to the headset and are ready to be used.