How to log in to my Remote Eye account:
- On your PC, go to the Remote Eye web application. If you want to login to your admin account go to the Admin web application.
- Fill in your details and click on Log in
How to download the Remote Eye application:
For smartphones and tablets you can download the Remote Eye application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. To download the Remote Eye APK file click here. The APK file is suitable for the following devices:
- RealWear HMT-1, HMT-1Z1 and Navigator 500
- Vuzix M300, M400, M4000, Blade Upgraded
- Google Glass Enterprise 2
- Iristick C1, Z1, H1
- Epson Moverio BT300, BT350
- Android smartphones and tablets
- iOS smartphones and tablets
How to install Remote Eye on a RealWear device.How to install Remote Eye on a Vuzix device. If you would like to know how to install Remote Eye on another device, contact us.
How to add a new device or smart glass:
- Turn on your Operator device and open the Remote Eye application.
- A four-digit code will appear.
- Now on your PC, go to the Remote Eye web application and log in with your Expert account details.
- In the top left corner, click on the button.
- A pop-up window will open. Enter the four-digit code and name of the Operator device.
- If you only want to add the device temporarily, click on Temporary device. The device will then stay active until midnight. (UTC+2)
- To complete the process, click on either Add to this Expert to add the Operator device to the current Expert account, or click on Add to All to add it to all of your accounts.
How to start a call as an Expert:
- Open the Remote Eye web application and log in with your details.
- In the top right corner of your contacts, you can choose if you want to start a call either in HD, MID or LOW resolution.
- In your contact list, an Operator device will appear in green if he/she is online. If the contact appears in red, the Operator’s device or smart glass is offline.
- Once an Operator device or smart glass is online, you are able to press the call button to start the call.
- You are now able to choose between a Direct Call or Routed Call.
- Direct Call: Direct point-to-point call. This will give the best result in calls between an Expert and an Operator. However, the video recording function is not available in a direct call.
- Routed Call: Communication is made through an external server. The Routed Call provides more stability on calls with more than one Expert. The external server can store video sessions. Routed Call are recommended for sessions with more than one Expert.
- Once the call has finished, the Expert can click the end call button to end it.
You should now know how to start a call as an Expert.
How to start a call as an Operator:
- Turn on your device or smart glass and open the Remote Eye application.
- Press the call button . A pop-up window will appear.
- You will now see a list of Experts whose names are either in Green, Yellow or Grey.
- Green Expert name:Expert is connected. It is possible to call.
- Yellow Expert name: Expert is not connected. It is not possible to call, although SMS or Email notification are enabled.
- Grey Expert name: Expert is not connected. It is not possible to call or send notifications.
- Select the Expert you want to call. The call will start immediately.
How to invite a guest Expert from the main Expert account:
- During a call, click on the add button which is located on the right side of the video screen.
- A pop-up window with two different options will appear.
- If the Guest Expert is online and has the Operator’s device or smart glass added to his account, the option to call him will appear automatically.
- If the guest Expert doesn’t have an account, you can copy the URL that is displayed and share it with any external Expert to invite him to the call.
How to invite a guest Expert from the Operator’s device:
- In the bottom left corner of the Remote Eye home screen, click on the add expert button.
- You can now choose if you want to invite the guest expert via email or guest code.
- When choosing email, you’ll need to type in the guest expert’s email address. The application will then automatically send an invitation to the guest expert.
- If you choose to use the guest code, you will need to manually share the displayed URL and guest code with the guest expert.
There is no limit to the number of Experts that can be connected to the same call.
What features can be used during Remote Eye calls?
Depending on which side of the conversation you are on, different features can be used in Remote Eye.
Expert’s call features
The Expert can click on the video to show the red dot on the Operator’s screen. The red dot has a duration of 3 seconds, the screen is frozen within this 3 seconds. By double clicking on the video, the red dot can be removed at any time.
By clicking on the flash button above the video screen, the Expert can turn on the flashlight of the Operator’s device.
By clicking the screen share button the Expert can share his/her screen to the Operator’s screen. This is a useful tool if you want to display documents to the device, for example.
There are two different ways to capture the screen of the Operator’s device or smart glass. By clicking the screenshot button Remote Eye immediately takes a screenshot of the call. This mode is faster, but the image quality is sacrificed. When clicking the HD image button the Operator’s video transmission will stop for a few seconds and the camera takes a real high resolution picture and sends it to the Expert. In both cases the Expert is able to edit the picture afterwards.
When clicking on the live drawing button Remote Eye will make a screenshot and lets the Expert draw on it with several tools at their disposal. The Expert is able to highlight things, insert a text or draw on it in different colors.
With the webcam tool, the Expert can share his devices front camera or webcam to the Operator’s device or smart glass.
With the zoom scroll bar, the Expert is able to zoom into the video up to 5 times.
By pressing the recording button the Expert can start recording the call. This feature is only available if the Expert chooses the routed call. After the call, the recorded video will be available in the Remote Eye Library inside the Call history section.
The Expert is able to add comments during the call. These comments will later be shown in the call section of the Library.
During the call, the Expert is able to change the resolution of the video. This will affect the video transmission immediately. The expert is able to choose from 720p, 480p, and 240p. This feature is very useful to maintain a stable connection if the Wi-Fi connection is weak.
With the GPS tool, the Expert can find out where the Operator’s device or smart glass is located. By clicking on the GPS button, a pop-up window will appear which shows the location of the device.
Barcode and Electricity scanner
With this tool, the Expert is able to scan a QR code, a barcode or a meter reader. After scanning a pop-up window will appear with the value that was scanned. The information can then be stored and easily retrieved after the call.
Low data mode
By pressing the low data mode button Remote Eye automatically reduces the framerate of the video to ensure the quality of the video. The resolution will be adapted to the lowest possible resolution.
Operator’s call features
The blue dot tool is only available on smartphones, tablets and Epson smart glasses. By clicking on the screen, the Operator can show the blue dot. The blue dot has a duration of 3 seconds, the screen is frozen within this 3 seconds. By double clicking on the video, the blue dot can be removed at any time.
Disable video recording
The Operator is able to enable or disable the video recording feature. After disabling the feature, the video recording icon will not appear on the application’s home screen.
By clicking on the mute button in the bottom left corner, the Operator can mute or unmute himself. The Operator can also unmute him/herself after he got muted by the Expert. If the Operator is muted, a red icon will appear in the top right corner of the device’s screen.
Multi call features
Red and green dots
In the case of several experts in one call, it is possible to display two different colored points. The red and green dots help to indicate where the Operator should focus on. The red dot can only be added by the main Expert, the green dot can be added by any of the invited Experts. The dots have a duration of 3 seconds, the screen is frozen within this 3 seconds. By double clicking on the video, the dots can be removed at any time.
The invited expert can also draw and add markers to the screen shot of the main expert and then send it forward to the operator.
All Experts can mute or unmute the Operator’s device or smart glass. However, it is not possible for any Expert to mute or unmute one of the other Experts. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact our team!