In the box
- 1x Headset HP Reverb G2
- 1x Headset cable (6 meter)
- 2x controllers
- 4x AA Battery
- DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort adapter
- Charging cable (2 meter)
- HP USB-A to USB-C adapter G”
Before you start
- Do not allow the lenses to come in contact with periods of direct sunlight. This will permanently damage the screen and does not fall under warranty.
- If the original cable does not fit, take out the DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter and connect it to the Displayport in the PC.
How to start
- Turn on your Windows PC or Laptop and make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Connect the HP Reverb G2 to the PC/Laptop using the USC Cable and the Displayport cable.
- Plug in the power cable.
- Find the square converter in the middle of the headset cable.
- Plug the power cable in this square converter to power your headset.
On your PC
- When you connect the HP Reverb G2, the Mixed Reality Portal should start automatically. If not, you can also press the Windows key and type “Mixed Reality Portal” – select the app to launch manually.
- Follow the instructions on your PC/Laptop.
- The headset may require some updates at this point. If so, allow them to install.
- Put on the HP Reverb and turn on your Mixed Reality motion controllers by pressing and holding the Windows button on each controller for two seconds.
- Set up your VR space. Select Roomscale or Standing experience.
- You will be asked if you want to use speech in Mixed Reality.
- Once inside the Cliff House, your setup is complete. Enjoy the ride!
How to connect with Wi-Fi
The headset is automatically connected with your Wi-Fi through your PC or laptop that you’re using.
How to connect your controllers
Whenever you’re using a new controller you have to connect it again with your headset and PC/laptop. To do that you should follow the steps below: To pair a controller with your system’s Bluetooth
- Check the batteries of the controllers.
- Turn on the controller by holding down the Windows button on the controller.
- Press the small button near the end of the controller (near your wrist strap).
- When the lights begin flashing half on, half off, it’s in pairing mode.
- Select ‘Bluetooth’ on your PC or laptop to connect a new controller.
- When the controllers vibrate it means that they’re connected.
- Put the battery cover back on.
VR Expert tips
How to use SteamVR
The HP Reverb G2 also works with SteamVR!
- Open Steam on your PC or laptop.
- Open SteamVR and log into your account.
- Whenever you use the HP Reverb with SteamVR for the first time, the drivers need to update the program that works with the HP Reverb.
- SteamVR home will automatically open in the headset.
- Open the application of your choice and have fun!
If you want/need to, you can easily change the visual quality of your headset.
- Tap on your Windows button on your PC or laptop.
- Type in ‘Headset display’.
- Now you’ll find all the different settings. You can change the resolution and framerate of your Headset.
When the computer claims the output is not set to 90hz, please follow the steps below:
- Open Windows and navigate to Settings.
- Navigate to “Windows Mixed Reality”.
- Change the display rate to “automatic”.
The problem should be solved by now. When you want to start the HP Reverb but the computer says: “Not connected to a USB 3.0 port” we recommend buying a USB hub and this might solve the problem.