In the box
- 1x Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2
- 1x Titanium Frame
- 1x USB-C charging cable
Before you start
- Clean the glass with a damp cloth and mild detergent if necessary. Do not use all-purpose cleaners as these may damage the seals and impair the water resistance.
Attach/detach device to frame
- To attach the device to the frame, hook the round attachment on the frame to the device’s bayonet hinge, then gently pull the frame forward to snap the device into place.
- To detach the device, hold the front of the device (near the camera), and gently push the frame backwards to snap the hinge backwards, then lift it off the bayonet hinge.
Get the right fit
- First, turn Glass on. Press the power button on the inner right side of the device. The power LED lights up and Glass Enterprise Edition 2 boots up.
- To start, modify the nose pads to adjust the fit of your Glass as needed. Keep both your eyes open as you squeeze the nose stem to position the display just above your right eye, but not in front of it. Then, move the display hinge until you can see the whole screen. Adjust the nose pads so they’re flush with your skin.
The flat area on Glass next to your right temple is called the touchpad. You need it to navigate around the different cards on your Glass display. Here’s how:
- Tap the touchpad to activate the display and select actions.
- Slide your finger forward or backward across the touchpad to navigate your applications or swipe through menu options.
- To cancel or back out of certain actions, slide your finger from the top to the bottom of your touchpad.
Connecting to Wifi
You can connect to Wifi networks from the settings by using the “Wifi” icon. To enable Wifi:
- Tap on the Wifi icon.
- Tap again to enable Wifi.
You can connect to a Wi-Fi network by scanning a QR code or selecting a network from the list. To connect to a Wi-Fi network by scanning a QR code:
- Generate the Wifi QR code for your network using a generator (qifi.org).
- Tap on the Wifi icon to enter the Wifi settings.
- Swipe forward on the touchpad to select the “Scan QR code” option.
- Tap to start scanning for the Wifi QR code (a camera preview will appear in the Viewfinder).
- Center the QR code in the box displayed on your Viewfinder.
To update your Google Glass:
- Open settings.
- Swipe forward until you see the System card.
- Tap to confirm selection.
- Swipe forward until you see the System update card.
- Tap to confirm selection.
Perform a system update To manually perform system updates:
- Tap on the perform system update icon.
- Tap to check for new updates.
- If an update is available, tap to download and install it automatically.
- After the update is installed, a message will appear instructing you to reboot the device.
How to install applications
You can add software applications to your Glass device using the android flash Station. To use the flash station:
- Obtain a compatible APK file from a Glass Enterprise solution provider.
- Navigate to flash.android.com/tools/glass_apk_install.
- Connect your Glass device to your computer via USB cable and click “Install APK”.
- Select the Glass .APK files you want to add.
- Click “Install selected APK files”.
- Wait for the confirmation screen.
If you see the “All APKs Installed” message, you have successfully installed your apps on Glass.